RDR is currently recruiting an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to be based in Teesside. You will proactively support on the successful management and control all aspects of the commercial, financial and contractual elements of the designated engineering and construction projects.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- To assist the QS/Commercial Manager with commercial administration and management on several live projects or projects at pre-construction phase
- Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Process subcontractor requests for payment and issue of notices.
- Compile valuations with QS
- Prepare internal valuations to determine accurate cost reports
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Change management control
- Preparation of documentation and the like for valuation, procurement or commercial administration
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
- Assist the QS with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work
- Assisting the QS over contractual issues and act as required.
- Measure progress assist in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release, and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner.
- Ensure the company is neither compromised nor disadvantaged by a contractual or financial arrangement
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Experience within a cost or quantity surveying position
- Relevant degree or college qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar related subject
- Industry knowledge
- Post graduate experience within a surveying position
- Good level of numeracy
- IT skills – MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in contact.
Apply for this position
Please send relevant qualifications and documentation to prove identification
The information that you provide on this form and on your CV will be used by Resource Direct Recruitment to provide you agency services. You consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and consent to Resource Direct Recruitment transferring your personal details to our clients. We may check the information collected with third parties or with other information held by us. The Company believes its use of such information is consistent with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent crime, to protect public funds or in other way permitted or required by law.
RDR Ltd are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and we have signed the Diversity Pledge 2013. All candidate will be considered for vacancies without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.