Resource Direct Recruitment is currently recruiting an Assistant Technical Services Manager (Electrical) for facilities management projects at a hospital in Worcester. The role will include assisting in the operation, repair and maintenance of building fabric and engineering services while working within a multi-disciplinary hard service team environment.
Key duties will include:
- Plan and schedule all planned preventative maintenance activities in conjunction with the technical administrator for buildings, plant and equipment using the Maximo system.
- Assist the Technical Services Manager to undertake negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers to provide a cost-effective service with reference to the contract SLA’s.
- Responsible for specific elements of budgetary control and give additional assistance with financial controls with reference to departmental budgetary control, stock, contracts etc.
- Attend as required Health & Safety forums with staff and the client on a regular basis.
- Responsible for participating in the ‘on call’ rota as and when required, after suitable training and relevant experience is gained as directed by Senior Management.
- Managing and directing staff in a safe and efficient manner and conducting personal performance evaluations
- Assist site lead engineer with carrying out inspections of site tools, plant, access equipment and first aid equipment, reporting on findings and manage resolution ensuring safety and compliance.
- Development in the role to achieve Authorised person status for at least 2 of HV/LV, Medical Gas, Pressure Systems, Ventilation or Water.
Qualifications / Experience
- City and Guild or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline.
- Ability to show understanding of statutory maintenance requirements, legislation, Health Technical Memorandums, Health Building Notes and other technical documentation.
- High level of verbal, written and numeric skills and must be computer literate.
- A sound knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Construction Design and Management Regulations and other relevant statutory requirements will be required.
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of technical and estates and building issues in the provision of construction, maintenance and FM services
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in contact.
Apply for this position
Please send relevant qualifications and documentation to prove identification
The information that you provide on this form and on your CV will be used by Resource Direct Recruitment to provide you agency services. You consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and consent to Resource Direct Recruitment transferring your personal details to our clients. We may check the information collected with third parties or with other information held by us. The Company believes its use of such information is consistent with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent crime, to protect public funds or in other way permitted or required by law.
RDR Ltd are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and we have signed the Diversity Pledge 2013. All candidate will be considered for vacancies without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.