RDR is recruiting a Cost Engineer on a permanent basis for our Consultancy client. Although your home office will be Teesside based you will be required to work on site at power station projects throughout the UK during the week.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Commercial administration and management on several live projects or projects at pre-construction phase
- Process subcontractor requests for payment and issue of notices
- Compile valuations
- Prepare internal valuations to determine accurate cost reports
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts
- Cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Measure progress assist in submitting valuations, final accounts and retention release, and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Logical and auditable collation of supporting financial documentation
- Attend project and company related meetings
- Ensure the company is neither compromised nor disadvantaged by a contractual or financial arrangement
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation
- To liaise with all staff, clients, consultants and residents in a professional manner
- Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group, and the supply chain
- Timesheet data reporting
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Experience within a Cost Engineer position
- Relevant degree or college qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar related subject
- Good level of numeracy
- IT skills – MS Office, Excel, Project, Word etc
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in contact.
Apply for this position
Please send relevant qualifications and documentation to prove identification
The information that you provide on this form and on your CV will be used by Resource Direct Recruitment to provide you agency services. You consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and consent to Resource Direct Recruitment transferring your personal details to our clients. We may check the information collected with third parties or with other information held by us. The Company believes its use of such information is consistent with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent crime, to protect public funds or in other way permitted or required by law.
RDR Ltd are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and we have signed the Diversity Pledge 2013. All candidate will be considered for vacancies without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.