Resource Direct Recruitment is currently recruiting an Electrician to be based at a transport maintenance facility north west of London. On offer is a permanent position and the opportunity to work for a leading facilities management company in the UK. To qualify for this role you must also hold an in date 18th Edition qualification.
Key duties will include:
- Carry out all PPM and reactive repairs as necessary, completing the paperwork records for audit purposes.
- Responsible for all minor installations and maintenance of site Electrical LV Systems.
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant including basic mechanical and plumbing system fault finding.
- Responsible for the control and chaperoning of sub-contractors, incorporating the review and approval of their RAMS and the issue of a Permit to Work
- Ability to work in a customer focused, heavy maintenance environment where safety, quality and image is very important.
- Ensuring reactive jobs are completed in accordance with SLA’s, ensuring that any parts required are ordered promptly.
- Ensure that any difficulties encountered on engineering activities are reported to the Facilities Manager
- Ensure all record keeping functions are completed as instructed by the Facilities Manager
- Ensure all work is carried out to the highest standards of workmanship and safety
- Understanding of company procedures.
- Understanding of escalation procedures.
- Evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
Qualifications / Experience
- A recognised industry Electrical qualification will be required (e.g. City & Guilds), and previous experience is essential.
- Must hold IEE 18th Edition
- IPAF 3a & 3b (desirable)
- Health & Safety Awareness, with an IOSH qualification desirable
- Legionella Awareness
- Proficient in use of IT software Word/Excel etc.
- AP12 – LV Qualified
- 2391 City & Guilds Inspection & Testing (or equivalent)
- Mechanical / HVAC qualification desirable
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in contact.
Apply for this position
Please send relevant qualifications and documentation to prove identification
The information that you provide on this form and on your CV will be used by Resource Direct Recruitment to provide you agency services. You consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and consent to Resource Direct Recruitment transferring your personal details to our clients. We may check the information collected with third parties or with other information held by us. The Company believes its use of such information is consistent with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent crime, to protect public funds or in other way permitted or required by law.
RDR Ltd are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and we have signed the Diversity Pledge 2013. All candidate will be considered for vacancies without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.