Resource Direct Recruitment is currently recruiting an Estimator on a 6 month facilities management contract to be based at the clients office is Normanton. Previous experience in surveying & estimating building repairs and minor works projects is essential for this role.
Key duties will include:
- Develop and agree the scope of works with the client.
- Develop and ensure the accuracy of prices provided to the Client, in line with the schedule of Rates.
- Provide a cost-effective minor works service to service users, both internal and external.
- Take responsibility for the financial accountability of minor works and specialist work, monitoring of budgets and work programmes.
- Attend meetings and prepare reports to take an active role in the minor works team, working independently to offer innovative and appropriate solutions and outcomes to service users.
- Liaise with employees from other service areas to co-ordinate service delivery and site activities to ensure minor works projects run on time and to budget.
- Develop and specify new work, remedial work and specialist installations to enable in-house or external contractors to deliver the best solutions.
- Carry out site inspections.
- To carry out any other ad hoc duties as instructed by the Head of Commissioning.
Qualifications / Experience
- Qualification in estimating and costing or experience within the building industry.
- Good knowledge of the construction & building industry
- Ability to work unsupervised and as a team member
- Ability to liaise and work with clients and members of the public
- Ability to travel between the depot and work locations – full clean driving license essential
- A good understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- A confident communicator with good customer service skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Administration skills
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in contact.
Apply for this position
Please send relevant qualifications and documentation to prove identification
The information that you provide on this form and on your CV will be used by Resource Direct Recruitment to provide you agency services. You consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and consent to Resource Direct Recruitment transferring your personal details to our clients. We may check the information collected with third parties or with other information held by us. The Company believes its use of such information is consistent with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent crime, to protect public funds or in other way permitted or required by law.
RDR Ltd are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and we have signed the Diversity Pledge 2013. All candidate will be considered for vacancies without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.