Resource Direct Recruitment is currently recruiting a permanent Project Manager for a facilities management contract based at a hospital in Birmingham. In this role you will be delivering 100+ projects at any one time ranging from £1k to £1M+, comprising small works, minor maintenance projects to larger and more complex lifecycle and capital works. Experience within a contractual, KPI-driven environment and exposure to a hospital PFI environment is required for this position.
Key duties will include:
- Manage the site delivery of capital works, service variation and lifecycle projects.
- Manage works implementation to ensure projects are delivered safely; on time; on budget and are to a high standard from inception, to final account stage.
- Make sure project risks are identified and managed through effective mitigation measures.
- Oversee the co-ordination of operatives, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Assist the commercial team in the initial contract negotiation process, project costs and delivery timescales.
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience operating in the public and / or private FM sector with a demonstrable track record of directly managing capital works within a large and complex estate is essential, preferably within a PFI environment.
- Computer-literate (MS Office based Products: Excel, Word, Project & PowerPoint) with a sound knowledge of CAFM/estates and project management systems.
- Ability to show understanding of Local Authority legislation, Planning Applications, Fire and Building Regulations Approvals.
- A sound knowledge of building and engineering services design and associated British Standards.
- A sound knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act; Construction Design and Management Regulations and other relevant statutory requirements.
- HNC /HND or equivalent qualification in a building or engineering discipline.
- Site Mangers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
- CDM experience & knowledge.
- Exposure to Passive Fire Protection (PFP) requirements.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in contact.
Apply for this position
Please send relevant qualifications and documentation to prove identification
The information that you provide on this form and on your CV will be used by Resource Direct Recruitment to provide you agency services. You consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and consent to Resource Direct Recruitment transferring your personal details to our clients. We may check the information collected with third parties or with other information held by us. The Company believes its use of such information is consistent with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent crime, to protect public funds or in other way permitted or required by law.
RDR Ltd are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and we have signed the Diversity Pledge 2013. All candidate will be considered for vacancies without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.