Resource Direct Recruitment is currently recruiting a General Manager to be based at Heysham Power station working for our facilities management client. This role will be recruited on a permanent basis. Your core functional responsibility will be the creation, continual development and delivery of a strategic business plan for facility management operations at the station. Key to this is the design and delivery of the tactical operational and people processes to achieve the business plan and drive a culture of continual improvement both operational and financial, based upon an engaged and safe team.
Key duties will include:
- Lead a positive Industrial Safety culture, above and beyond any other priority.
- Develop a clear, robust business plan defines the resources, investment and enabling actions required to achieve it.
- Lead the station team to achieve the objectives in the business plan efficiently, effectively, and collaboratively with the end client and other Station teams, by setting and monitoring personal and teams’ goals and objectives.
- Adopt a progressive, open, honest and visible leadership style that results in a high degree of employee engagement, and results in positive relationships with trade unions and staff forums.
- Be responsible for the financial accounts on the Station, achieving the financial targets set
- A key element of this is growing the scale and scope of services, and effective appointment and management of subcontract and supply chain partners.
- Ensure that the service is sustainable, resilient, and compliant both legally and procedurally.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in Engineering or Business Management preferred
- Extensive experience including progressively increasing management responsibility plus meaningful operations expertise as well as direct sales and customer/client engagement
- Understanding of financial statements and operations management
- A demonstrated passion for customer service excellence
- A commitment to a safety conscious work environment and nuclear quality compliance
- Solid understanding of contract administration
- Strong leadership abilities and effective communications skills
- Experience of working with Trade Unions
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today and one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in contact.
Apply for this position
Please send relevant qualifications and documentation to prove identification
The information that you provide on this form and on your CV will be used by Resource Direct Recruitment to provide you agency services. You consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and consent to Resource Direct Recruitment transferring your personal details to our clients. We may check the information collected with third parties or with other information held by us. The Company believes its use of such information is consistent with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent crime, to protect public funds or in other way permitted or required by law.
RDR Ltd are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and we have signed the Diversity Pledge 2013. All candidate will be considered for vacancies without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.