RDR is currently recruiting a Project Engineer on behalf of our fantastic Engineering Client based in Jarrow. This is available as a 1-3 month contract basis and on offer is a competitive rate. The successful candidate will primarily be working remotely with the occasional site visits.
Overview of the Project Engineer:
As a Project Engineer you will be a part of the Client’s Engineering team and will take particular responsibility for assigned project engineering works in the UK & Belgium. Your primary role will be the delivery of assigned works within defined parameters for safety, specification, cost and timescale, with the provision of technical support to the terminals’ management teams also an important aspect.
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Engineering or science based degree preferred, with professional qualification an acceptable alternative
- Membership of a professional institution
- General engineering experience ideally gained in a chemicals, oil or gas processing environment.
- Project management of high value capital projects
- Planning and implementation of asset maintenance outages
- Engineering costs estimating, budget setting and costs control.
- Knowledge of international technical standards for the chemicals, oil and gas industries and their application.
- The ability to manage works in the following areas:
- API650 & 653, BSEN14015, EEMUA159 – storage tanks.
- ANSI B31.1 – piping design, fabrication, maintenance and testing.
- SCADA and process automation systems.
- Pressure systems safety regulations, LOLER, PUWER, electricity at work and ATEX directive – statutory requirements.
- PC literate – AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Office, Agility (CMMS).
Apply for this position
Please send relevant qualifications and documentation to prove identification
The information that you provide on this form and on your CV will be used by Resource Direct Recruitment to provide you agency services. You consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and consent to Resource Direct Recruitment transferring your personal details to our clients. We may check the information collected with third parties or with other information held by us. The Company believes its use of such information is consistent with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We may also use or pass to certain third parties information to prevent crime, to protect public funds or in other way permitted or required by law.
RDR Ltd are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and we have signed the Diversity Pledge 2013. All candidate will be considered for vacancies without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.